As we know textile finishing determines the final appearance and aesthetic qualities of the fabric. Finishing processes include processes designed to change the optical, tactile, and mechanical strength properties of the textile. This involves the application of chemical compounds or finishing auxiliaries to a textile material to achieve the desired fabric property. Textile finishing is the final stage in changing the quality of fabric. It is done in terms of appearance, handling, and functionality by mechanical and chemical means. This sector comprises operations such as the textile industry’s processing unit, which is a high-cost, energy-intensive, and hazardous chemical-demanding process.
Here sustainability is a critical aspect. It addresses many problems provided by the textile industry in terms of regulating the use of water, electricity, hazardous chemicals, and so on. Chemical finishing in a sustainable manner may be accomplished using environmentally friendly techniques. Finishing Techniques that are Eco-Friendly:
1. Antimicrobial finish derived from natural ingredients.
2. Plasma completing processing.
3. Nanotechnology implementation.
4. Ultrasound-based finishing.
5. Sustainable UV technology.
Traditional textile chemical finishing processes have a harmful impact on the environment. So, the need for long-term solutions is growing by the day. Most environmentally friendly techniques, such as plasma technology, nanotechnology, and UV technology, are being used in the textile sector.
As a result, with the developing idea of sustainability, sustainable dyeing and finishing techniques in the textile industry have received a lot of attention.Here we go through a Polyester dyeing. Polyester fiber is hydrophobic in nature, and it is characterized by a compact physical structure. Water-soluble dyes are not suitable for dyeing polyester. Dyes of low molecular weight are suitable. Disperse dyes are only suitable for dyeing polyester. Disperse dyes have substantivity for one or more hydrophobic fibers e.g., cellulose acetate, nylon, polyester, acrylic, and other synthetic fibers.
Polly Industries provides customers with a wide range of polyester dyeing chemicals:
1. Polly-DFT – It is a versatile Non-Ionic Dispersing Agent which imparts anti-static properties to the polyester/polyester blends. It is also an excellent emulsifier and has various applications in the dyeing process.
2. Polly-DHTP– It is a Non-Ionic Auxiliary for Level Dyeing of Disperse Dyes. It is useful at high temperatures and imparts excellent emulsifying (for oleic, stearine, and oils and waxes of both mineral and vegetable oils). It has detergency and anti-static properties. It prevents limestone formation. It has fiber lubrication properties. It is miscible with common vegetable and mineral oils, stable to hard water and metallic ions; compatible with weak alkalis, and hydrolyzed by strong acids.
3. Polly-AIO – It is an all-in-one Reduction Clearing Agent. It keeps the dyeing mixture at acidic pH. It also imparts excellent dyeing, an excellent reductive effect in acidic dye baths during the cooling stage. It removes unfixed dispersed dyes from polyester, nylon, wool, natural silk, and cellulosic fibers.
4. Polly-DAN – It is a modified condensation product based on sulphonic acid salts. Anionic in nature. High-performance non-staining. Dispersing agent. High-temperature resistance in exhaust dyeing systems; boasts of in-built dispersing action on polyester oligomer by eliminating lower rub-fastness in package dyeing and simultaneously clears oligomer residues in machines. It is stable under a wide pH range and also ensures optimum brightness and color clarity in pale shades with fluorescent optical whiteners. It maintains high dispersing efficiency. It is suitable for one-bath polyester-cellulosic and polyester-wool blends. It is low foaming and effective at low concentrations.
5. Polly-GSL– It is a cost-effective green substitute of Acetic Acid used for providing an efficient pH system in all stages of wet processing and neutralization of 100% cotton. It also enhances hard water stability etc.